Being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia can negatively affect your life in many spheres ranging from the physical, psychological, social and thus, your overall wellbeing.
The clinicians at ROC, lead by Professor David Reid, have designed a unique programme not available elsewhere in UK. Our programme takes into consideration the latest evidence on the condition and focuses on 3 key things:
- Prompt Diagnosis
- Providing the patient with information on Fibromyalgia
- Individualized Management Programme to patient’s needs
- Non-pharmacological therapies
We thoroughly examine the changes you have had as a result of fibromyalgia and look at different approaches for pain management.
The programme is spread over a 14-week period and is tailored to your needs. It will include consultations with our Programme Director – Professor David Reid, and various forms of therapy such as Physiotherapy, Psychological Therapies and Nutrition.
If you would like more information on our programme please get in touch.
Book your appointment today!
Meet our experts
David M Reid
- Qualifications: MBChB. | MD. | FRCP (Edin). | FRCP (Lon)
- Location(s): London and Aberdeen
- Clinical Interest(s): One Stop Osteoporosis Risk Assessment Service|DEXA interpretation |Post fracture risk assessment |Glucocorticoid Osteoporosis |Secondary Causes of Osteoporosis |Lifestyle Management |Drug treatment and follow up.
Professor David Reid is Emeritus Professor of Rheumatology at the University of Aberdeen and was previous Head of the School of Medicine & Dentistry at the University. He is a consultant rheumatologist and has been involved in providing specialist osteoporosis services with a particular emphasis on bone densitometry for 30 years. He was Chair of the Board of Trustees of the UK National Osteoporosis Society from 2008-2012 and has previously chaired their Research Grants Committee and Medical Board.
- Qualifications: BSc (hons) Physiotherapy | MCSP.
- Location(s): Aberdeen
- Clinical Interest(s): Chronic Pain | Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia | Sports Physiotherapy.
Nicola Rhind is a Chartered physiotherapist, with a BSc (hons) in Physiotherapy from the Robert Gordon University Aberdeen; she has been working in the musculoskeletal field for 17 years. Her interests are shared between chronic pain and sports medicine. She is part of the committee of the Stonehaven running club and is a cross-country school coach for Arduthie Primary School. As a sports physiotherapist, her experience involves both NHS and private work.
Dr. Nicola Harrison
- Qualifications: BSc. | MBBS. | MRCGP. | DRCOG. | DFFP.
- Location(s): London - ROC Harley Street Clinic
- Clinical Interest(s): Contraception and Sexual Health, Gynaecology, Dermatology, Child Health, Allergy, Weight Loss, Preventative Health Care
Dr Nicola Harrison has been the Head of Clinical Governance of ROC London Clinic until 2017 when she was appointed as ROC London Clinic’s Medical Director. She is also the registered manager with the Care Quality Commission for the London Clinic. She graduated from Guy's and St Thomas' Medical School, London in 2003. She undertook her postgraduate training at several of London's Teaching Hospitals and during that time she gained vast experience in managing different medical conditions as well as dealing with patients of different ethnic backgrounds and cultures.