Reporting Sonographer – Aberdeen ROC Private Clinic, Westhill
Position: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
ROC Clinic is a private medical clinic with offices in London- Harley Street and Aberdeen. The Aberdeen office first opened in 2014, and we are set to expand later this year to include MRI, Xray and Mammography imaging services.
We are looking for a Sonographer to join our team on part-time/ full-time whether employed or on a self-employed basis.
We are looking for an experienced sonographer who is able to undertake the following scans: Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Abdominal & Pelvis and Small parts. Muskulo-skeletal is preferred but not essential.
Further training such as courses will be made available to individuals according to their interests and those of the clinic.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Explain the ultrasound procedure to patients and answer any questions they may have
- Maintain ultrasound equipment and sterilize the room in which the procedure takes place
- Spread the ultrasound gel on the surface of the patient’s body covering the internal area being imaged
- Perform the ultrasound ensuring the transducer (probe) is capturing images of every angle/section that must be assessed
- Evaluate the images for their quality, but also to interpret what was captured in the image
- Present images and preliminary findings in a report to physicians and the healthcare team
- Maintain patient records and add medical notes related to the ultrasound procedure
- Carrying out investigations, or monitoring as directed by the medical team in line with your competency
- Liaising with the wider team and patients as necessary over appointments, booking, results or follow up appointments
- Maintaining patient records
- Maintaining and updating administrative records relating to your work
- Supporting the wider team in any tasks as necessary
- Ensuring that any changes in task delivery are approved by management and internal policies are updated to reflect the changes
To apply for this role, please submit a covering letter and your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01224515254 asking to speak to Dr Cristina Romete.