Welcome to the new frontier of medicine. It may surprise you to know that you are made up of more bugs than human cells! We have a 100 trillion bugs living in our gut. This is 10 times more than the number of body cells you have in total. These bugs are referred to as The Microbiome.
Many people today have several health problems because of modern life. Eating the wrong kinds of food and stress can lead to an imbalance in the gut flora, it also can cause malabsorption. It is no wonder that many people suffer from multitude of problems, including:
• abdominal pain or tenderness
• diarrhoea, nausea, or vomiting
• fatigue, brain fog, stress and low mood
• unexplained weight change
• worsening Acne or Eczema
A comprehensive stool test will not only look at what is the overall makeup of these bugs. It will also give you an idea about:
• Digestion/ Absorption: Are you absorbing the protein or the fat you are taking, is there a deficiency of your gut enzymes (Stomach Acid or Pancreatic enzymes)
• Inflammation/Immunology: Gut inflammation, food allergy and leaky gut
• Gut Microbiome: Gut Bacteria, yeasts (including candida), worms and H. Pylori (which can cause stomach ulcers and indigestion)
How to fix our gut?
It is time to start looking at your diet and stress levels. Modern and busy lifestyles are leading to poor gut health. This, in turn leads to poor overall health and well-being. We need to look at your food sources and content.
It is time to ditch processed food, high carbs, meat rich in antibiotics and hormones. It may be worth speaking to us about trying to stop some medications when possible (antacids/ antibiotics…).
We can help to advise about the appropriate use of High Potency Pro biotics to help repopulate your gut with good Bacteria, and lead to improved digestive, and overall health
It is time for you to have a better insight to make more educated choices with regards to your lifestyle. This will help you to increase your overall wellness, maintain a healthy weight and optimise your energy, focus and mood.
It is time to test your poo! Please contact us to arrange an appointment.