Painful Joint? Swollen Joint?
Sore Muscles? Bone Pain?
Joint Injection or Joint Aspiration needed?
ROC Clinic offers a specialist rheumatological service at both London and Aberdeen locations. Whether is an acute or chronic issue we will be able to help.
- Swollen joints whether painful or not
- Acute exacerbation of pre-existing arthritis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Shoulder Pain, Rotator Cuff Conditions
- Acute Back pain
- Upper limb disorders
- Gout or pseudogout
- Inflammatory Arthritis
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasonography
- Lupus & Autoimmune Connective Tissue Disorders
Professor David Reid has 30 years’ experience as a rheumatologist and over the years he worked closely with Arthritis Research UK and other national bodies, shaping the delivery of rheumatological services in UK. A GP referral may be applicable for patient with an UK based insurance wishing to see Professor Reid, although this may be arranged in house. His speciality is Osteoporosis although he will consult all acute rheumatological conditions, as well as providing second opinions. He consults from both our locations in London – Harley Street are as well as Scotland- Aberdeen.
Dr Rizwan Rajak consults from our Harley Street London area and his specialism is in inflammatory arthritis and connective tissue disease, although he consults in all acute or chronic rheumatological conditions, including Osteoporosis. Dr Rizwan Rajak is currently the Clinical Lead for Osteoporosis & Bone Health and Rheumatology Musculoskeletal Ultrasound in the Croydon Health Service NHS Trust. He has also been awarded Clinical Excellence Award in 2017 for developing the Osteoporosis service in this part of London. A GP referral may be applicable for patients with an UK based insurance wishing to see Dr Rajak, although this may be arranged in-house.
Professor Francis Smith is based out of our Aberdeen Clinic and specializes in sports muskuloskeletal medicine. He undertakes consultations primarily relating to acute/ chronic musculoskeletal issues and imaging.
All clinicians conduct joint injections/ aspirations as necessary.
Meet our experts
David M Reid
- Qualifications: MBChB. | MD. | FRCP (Edin). | FRCP (Lon)
- Location(s): London and Aberdeen
- Clinical Interest(s): One Stop Osteoporosis Risk Assessment Service|DEXA interpretation |Post fracture risk assessment |Glucocorticoid Osteoporosis |Secondary Causes of Osteoporosis |Lifestyle Management |Drug treatment and follow up.
Professor David Reid is Emeritus Professor of Rheumatology at the University of Aberdeen and was previous Head of the School of Medicine & Dentistry at the University. He is a consultant rheumatologist and has been involved in providing specialist osteoporosis services with a particular emphasis on bone densitometry for 30 years. He was Chair of the Board of Trustees of the UK National Osteoporosis Society from 2008-2012 and has previously chaired their Research Grants Committee and Medical Board.
Dr Rizwan Rajak
- Qualifications: MBBCh (hons), MRCP (London), MRCP Rheum (UK), LLM (Medical Law)
- Location(s): London
- Clinical Interest(s): Inflammatory Arthritis (Early arthritis & Complex disease), Musculoskeletal Ultrasonography (diagnostic & guided injections), Osteoarthritis, Gout, Fibromyalgia, Lupus & Autoimmune Connective Tissue Disorders, Soft Tissue Disorders (tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger), Osteoporosis & Metabolic Bone Disorders
Dr Rizwan Rajak is a Consultant Rheumatologist working in South West London and Surrey and offers private appointments for a range of musculoskeletal and rheumatic conditions. His healthcare philosophy is to provide early diagnostics and prevention of rheumatic disorders, to respond to changes in health to achieve optimal and ‘tight control’ of disease and promote better understanding through education to empower health professionals and patients alike.
Professor Francis Smith
- Qualifications: MD., FFRRCSI., FRCR., FRSC(Ed)., FRCP(Ed)., FFSEM (UK)
- Location(s): Aberdeen - ROC Private Clinic
- Clinical Interest(s): Medical Imaging, MRI, Sports Medicine
World-renowned MRI pioneer Professor Smith has joined the Roc Aberdeen team in July 2016; with his background undoubtedly making an outstanding contribution to the Radiology and Sports Medicine department. Professor Smith obtained his medical training at the University of Aberdeen in Scotland graduating in 1970. He pioneered the clinical application of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), starting the world’s first clinical trial of MRI in 1980 and the world’s first diagnostic MRI service at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary in 1981.