Painful Joint? Swollen Joint?
Sore Muscles? Bone Pain?
Joint Injection or Joint Aspiration needed?
ROC Clinic offers a specialist rheumatological service at both London and Aberdeen locations. Whether is an acute or chronic issue we will be able to help.
Our specialist, Dr Rizwan Rajak is able to see patients, with or without a GP referral, with a variety of conditions, including but not limited to:
- Swollen joints whether painful or not
- Acute exacerbation of pre-existing arthritis
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Shoulder Pain, Rotator Cuff Conditions
- Acute Back pain
- Upper limb disorders
- Gout or pseudogout
- Inflammatory Arthritis
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasonography
- Lupus & Autoimmune Connective Tissue Disorders
Dr Rizwan Rajak consults from our Harley Street London area and his specialism is in inflammatory arthritis and connective tissue disease, although he consults in all acute or chronic rheumatological conditions, including Osteoporosis. Dr Rizwan Rajak is currently the Clinical Lead for Osteoporosis & Bone Health and Rheumatology Musculoskeletal Ultrasound in the Croydon Health Service NHS Trust. He has also been awarded Clinical Excellence Award in 2017 for developing the Osteoporosis service in this part of London. A GP referral may be applicable for patients with an UK based insurance wishing to see Dr Rajak, although this may be arranged in-house.
Professor Francis Smith is based out of our Aberdeen Clinic and specializes in sports muskuloskeletal medicine. He undertakes consultations primarily relating to acute/ chronic musculoskeletal issues and imaging.
All clinicians conduct joint injections/ aspirations as necessary.
Meet our experts
Dr Rizwan Rajak
- Qualifications: MBBCh (hons), MRCP (London), MRCP Rheum (UK), LLM (Medical Law)
- Location(s): London
- Clinical Interest(s): Inflammatory Arthritis (Early arthritis & Complex disease), Musculoskeletal Ultrasonography (diagnostic & guided injections), Osteoarthritis, Gout, Fibromyalgia, Lupus & Autoimmune Connective Tissue Disorders, Soft Tissue Disorders (tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger), Osteoporosis & Metabolic Bone Disorders
Dr Rizwan Rajak is a Consultant Rheumatologist working in South West London and Surrey and offers private appointments for a range of musculoskeletal and rheumatic conditions. His healthcare philosophy is to provide early diagnostics and prevention of rheumatic disorders, to respond to changes in health to achieve optimal and ‘tight control’ of disease and promote better understanding through education to empower health professionals and patients alike.
Professor Francis Smith
- Qualifications: MD., FFRRCSI., FRCR., FRSC(Ed)., FRCP(Ed)., FFSEM (UK)
- Location(s): Aberdeen - ROC Private Clinic
- Clinical Interest(s): Medical Imaging, MRI, Sports Medicine
World-renowned MRI pioneer Professor Smith has joined the Roc Aberdeen team in July 2016; with his background undoubtedly making an outstanding contribution to the Radiology and Sports Medicine department. Professor Smith obtained his medical training at the University of Aberdeen in Scotland graduating in 1970. He pioneered the clinical application of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), starting the world’s first clinical trial of MRI in 1980 and the world’s first diagnostic MRI service at Aberdeen Royal Infirmary in 1981.
Dr. Wassim Fayed
- Qualifications: BSc., LMSSA., MRCP., MRCGP.
- Location(s): London - ROC Harley Street Clinic
- Clinical Interest(s): Integrative Health, Preventative Health, Sexual Health, Men’s Health, Gut Health, Occupational Health, Complex presentations and Multiple Co morbidities
Dr Wassim Fayed is the current Medical Director of ROC London Clinic and he ensures that the ROC London Clinic performs to the level expected of ROC and meets the demands and challenges of modern medicine at an ultimate personal level of healthcare delivery.