The Baby Workshop @ RoC Clinic
Building Parental Confidence
- Are you expecting a new arrival?
- Are you unsure of how to recognise if your child is unwell?
- Do you know the next steps to take after you have determined your child has a fever?
- Are you concerned about your active toddler’s frequent bumps and accidents? What about your toddler’s propensity to choke on small objects around the house?
- Do you know how to revive your baby if he/ she was to become suddenly unwell or involved in an accident?
The Baby Workshop @ ROC Clinic is doctor led and covers what to do in emergency situations, as well as how to manage those more common and every day health worries that every parent has about their little ones.
The course is run by Dr Claudia Carmaciu, a Private GP with a passion for women, children’s health and education. She will cover all of your questions and teach evidence based tips so that the workshops can help build confidence in care giver.
Alongside her family practice clinic, she has run first aid and child health workshops for parents and carers of young children throughout London since 2013.
Dr. Carmaciu blogs as Dr Mummykins and also writes regular expert articles for BabyCentre to promote health awareness. You can follow her on Instagram and Twitter for women and children’s health advice. Her social media accounts are a great source for quick, understandable, and accurate health information.
What does the course involve?
The course will take 90-120 min and the following standard training items are included:
- Basic Life Support
- Management of choking
- First Aid
In addition, Dr Claudia Carmaciu will clarify any concerns such as, but not limited to:
- Falls, burns and fractures
And will be sure to provide practical tips for common child health concerns including:
- Accurately distinguishing fevers & determining when to seek treatment
- Particular signs and symptoms that mean you should visit the doctor
These courses are not only for parents, but also offer excellent guidance for nannies, au-pairs, childminders and grandparents too!
The course is a bespoke 1:1 session that is tailored to the age of your child/children, as well as for a small group sessions upon request.
Where does the course take place?
The course may take place in your own home or at our offices.
Our office is located in the Harley Street area of London and a private room and refreshments will be available during the course.
Attending the clinic also gives you an opportunity to meet the wider team and see our facilities. Any medical items highlighted during the Baby Workshop @ ROC Clinic that may require attention can be followed up by Dr Carmaciu or one of other GPs during subsequent consultations on request.
Please contact the RoC clinic for more information on these courses and to book an appointment.
Meet our experts
Dr Claudia Carmaciu
- Qualifications: BSc., MBBS., MRCGP.
- Location(s): London
- Clinical Interest(s): Children’s Health, Women’s Health, Antenatal and Postnatal Care, Mental Health, Health Promotion, General Health
Dr Claudia (Carmaciu) Pastides is a family doctor with a passion for health promotion, continuous education and use of social media to promote awareness, encourage patient engagement and increase the spread of good quality health messages.
Dr Claudia graduated from University College of London Medical School in 2009. She is a member of the Royal College of GPs and whilst training as a GP she spent time working in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the 2nd busiest maternity unit in the UK. This, combined with her training in other areas of medicine reinforced her dedication as a family physician with a focus on woman and child health.