ROC Private Clinic provides consultations for a variety of conditions relating to your bowel.
Ms Lynn Stevenson specialises in Colorectal Surgery. You may not necessarily need a referral to book an appointment. Do get in touch and one of our staff members will be able to advise!
- Abdominal Pain
- Haemorrhoids/ Piles
- Anal/ Perianal Fistulas and rectal abscesses
- Rectal Pain
- Blood in Stool
- Constipation or Diarrhoea: a change in your bowel movements
- Bowel Cancer
Following an initial consultation, you may be advised on further investigations such as blood tests and / or scans before any surgery is planned if necessary. In-house investigations can be undertaken within 24 hours and results available within the same time frame if not immediately after.
Bowel Cancer Screening
ROC Private Clinic promotes bowel cancer screening to its patients.
A bowel cancer screening programme aims to detect a problem at an early stage, before you have developed any symptoms.
On the NHS people are offered a stool test every 2 years between the ages of 50-74.
Bowel cancer screening tests can be split into:
- Tests that can find mainly cancer: These tests consist of stool tests. These tests are non-invasive but will miss any polyps that may be cancerous or have the potential to become cancerous
- Tests that can find cancer and polyps: These tests look at the bowel itself with a camera or special imaging tests. We encourage having a colonoscopy (camera test) as polyps may be removed during this procedure before they become cancerous.
If you wish to discuss your risk of developing bowel cancer and how best to screen for it, do get in touch.
Meet our experts
Ms. Lynn Stevenson
- Qualifications: General Surgery/ Colorectal Surgery
- Location(s): Aberdeen - ROC Private Clinic
- Clinical Interest(s): Laparoscopic/Open Inguinal or Umbilical Hernia Repair, Incisional Hernia Repair; Gallbladder Removal; Laparoscopic Surgery for Colorectal Cancer; Colonoscopy and Flexible Sigmoidoscopy; Investigations of rectal bleeding; Haemorrhoid treatment; Anal and perianal lesions and pain syndromes; day/minor surgery including ‘lumps and bumps’ removal.
Ms Lynn Stevenson is a consultant general surgeon with a specialist interest in colorectal surgery. She joined the ROC Clinic Team in August 2017.